Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) is growing throughout the Western, Midwestern, and Southeastern U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 29 states.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Interim District Manager to join our Region team. This position will be based out of Knoxville, TN and requires the ability to travel 90% of the time to our sites located in AL, IA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MS, NC, NY, SC and TN. This is a corporate level position reporting to the Director of Operations, Analysis and Integration with a dotted line reporting to the Region Vice President.
- Perform technical duties relevant to the environmental, safety/health and compliance issues of our hauling and landfill operations.
- Provide assistance in fulfillment of all technical/regulatory/operational documentation related to general operations.
- Provide operational support and expertise to multiple sites/districts for both hauling and landfill operations.
- Conduct on-site visits to review and evaluate operational efficiencies, equipment and systems for multiple facilities. Site visits may involve exposure to environmental elements which include dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Assist region leadership team and/or managers in achieving / exceeding safety goals and improving overall operating procedures.
- Work with under performing districts to provide suggestions for financial improvements by improving operational efficiencies and cost controls.
- Review and analyze proforma operating assumptions for projects, potential contracts and capital purchase requests.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the Region leadership team regarding ongoing projects and site visits.
- Fill in as needed to run sites during the transition of managers.
- Perform various duties and special projects as needed.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have minimum of five or more years of previous experience in the solid waste industry-specifically in the hauling/operations side of the business
- Track record of enhancing productivity and performance
- Must be able to travel up to 90% of the time to the various sites throughout the Eastern Region.
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...