First Presbyterian Church of River Forest, an evangelical Christ centered church of 500 is seeking an immediate part-time Interim Junior and Senior High Youth Director to bridge a time of transition. We are looking for an individual who has a heart for Middle School (6th – 8th grade), High School (9th – 12th grade), and working with lay volunteers. The ideal candidate will be relationally gifted, servant minded, passionate about leading young lives to Christ, biblically proficient with the ability to oversee a vital ministry to the church. If you are looking to serve in a church where the focus is on the Word of God, the Spirit of God, and the Ministry of God—First Presbyterian Church of River Forest, IL just might be the place for you!
To serve as a vital catalyst for our Junior and Senior High ministry during a time of transition to maintain a vibrant ministry, assist with outreach events, maintain relational connectedness with youth parents, and lay leaders. This will be accomplished through the following means.
1. Build relationships with students and foster growth in their spiritual walk with Christ.
2. Plan and lead Sunday Youth Ministry including morning Sunday School and evening Junior High and Senior High Group gatherings.
3. Oversee the Junior and Senior High Small Group Ministry consisting of leader recruitment, tracking student involvement, and personal participation in specific groups as needed or appropriate.
4. Planning, administration, and participation in special events like youth lock ins, annual retreats, etc.
1. Engaged in youth culture
2. Willing to reach out to youth through personal invitation and encouragement
3. Ability to teach matters of Christian faith with relevance in weekly Sunday School class and annual Confirmation class
4. Ability to disciple in one-on-one and group settings
5. Ability to perform administrative tasks pertinent to the ministry
6. Computer and media proficiency
7. Ability to have fun while following Christ!
8. Theological Agreement with our Christ centered, biblically grounded, evangelically minded church. A statement of faith can be found at: http://www.firstpresrf.org/about_first_pres/article255849.htm?body=1
Please email resume and letter of interest to Pastor Rich Davis, Head of Staff
Indeed - 8 months ago
We are a Christ centered evangelical church with the mission of Glorying God, Growing Together, and Going into the world. We rest upon God's...