Interim Staffing Services (ISS) is an internal UCSF based temporary employment program that provides temporary labor to all departments within UCSF, offers opportunities for the San Francisco Bay Area community to gain access and valuable UCSF work experience, offers temporary employees exceptional benefits not offered by other temporary agencies, and partners in the effort to attract and retain a diverse workforce.
The ISS Recruiter: performs recruitment, outreach and sourcing efforts to identify the most qualified candidates for a wide variety of open temporary positions within UCSF, acts as a consultant to managers to ensure the temporary staff needs of the organization are met, providing analysis, planning, and recruitment in line with the ISS recruitment service levels, collaborating closely with the hiring manager to understand candidate screening preferences and guidelines, conducting candidate screening, coordinating job postings and outreach, participating in career events and sourcing candidates using the variety of tools available. Acts as a consultant to hiring managers on interview and phone screening practices, interpreting and applying policies and procedures related to staffing, participating on workforce related project teams and committees and participating in outreach and diversity efforts.
The ISS Recruiter proactively seeks out additional opportunities to market temporary staffing services to UCSF Departments.
The ISS Recruiter will perform other duties as assigned.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• 1-3 years’ experience in providing professional recruiting services for a diverse occupational pool; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 months experience in a temporary staffing recruiter capacity.
• Demonstrated aptitude and ability to make public presentations; ability to develop and market programs related to staffing.
• Ability to exercise initiative and to adapt readily to changes in work environment and assignments under daily deadlines
• Demonstrated orientation toward and affinity to customer service; ability to work collaboratively and independently under minimal supervision.
• The ability to work collaboratively with client groups and other areas of human resources and complete multiple assignments on time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to take proactive approach to issues, problems and challenges.
• Knowledge and ability to promote and market the University on a local and regional basis to successfully attract and hire employees at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of human resource/recruitment issues with successful outcomes and openness to new ideas and approaches.
• Strong understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment and experience recruiting for diversity in a highly competitive market.
• Previous UC experience with policies and contracts related to staffing.