Our company is the fastest growing financial services firm in the United States focused solely on Accounting, Finance, Tax and Internal Audit, with a special focus on providing Interim CFO and Controller services.
Our company was founded in 2008 by a leadership team that believed there was a way to bridge the gap between a transactional staffing firm and the traditional corporate employment path to allow professionals to provide their skills and experience to a wide range of clients with flexible and favorable long-term relationship options.
Our company is seeking to build out their team of Big 4 CPAs and top school MBAs with at least 10 years of big company experience. This senior level professional will provide hands-on services for local and national companies across all industries.
Etonien is looking for an impressive and well qualified Controller, specifically with hands-on SEC filing experience to support our client in the NYC area. This is an interim position with the possibility of full time hire by the client. The ideal candidate will not only have a CPA and/or MBA, but also be comfortable working in an unstructured, fast-paced start-up environment. We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running to support the accounting and reporting needs of this rapidly growing company.
If you meet the requirements below, please send us your resume to initiate the recruiting process. We’re eager to introduce you to our firm and discuss this engagement with you. Only local candidates will be considered.
- The Controller will be responsible for financial reporting including corporate accounting policies and external audit oversight.
- Primary interface with all external auditors.
- Build systems and processes that will streamline financial reporting and enforce compliance among the company’s divisions.
- Oversee the activities of the department, with direct reports including Accounting, Treasury, and Accounts Receivable.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Accounting, International Accounting, Cash Management, and Consolidation.
- Oversee and direct all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including the year-end audit.
- Lead the preparation of consolidated financial statements with multiple levels of consolidation, internal reporting and external reporting to financial institutions.
- Assess and propose systems enhancements and drive process improvement.
- Direct execution of accounting and system implementation.
- Implement internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Ensure that all established policies, rules, regulations and agreements are followed.
- Ensure that all department processes and procedures are appropriately documented and executed.
- Define and recommend departmental objectives, develop short term and long range plans and projects.
- Provide various levels of management with accurate and timely information necessary to make strategic and operating decisions.
- Evaluate existing and new accounting rules and recommend appropriate actions and/or procedures.
- Perform monthly and quarterly covenant calculation and report to bank.
- 4-year degree in accounting or finance required
- Hands-on SEC Filing experience (creating, not just reviewing)
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable
- Experience; 10 years progressive work experience, 3+ years Public Accounting firm (Big 4 highly preferred)
- A high sense of urgency, strength of conviction, a level head, and a desire to work closely as a partner with the other senior members of the client’s management team.
- Must possess an exceptionally strong results orientation and bias to action.
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of financial reporting and previous public accounting experience, preferably at a Big Four firm.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, etc. Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley is highly desirable.