****You will be required to purchase three uniforms at an estimated total price of $150-$265. The cost will vary depending on your size and the amount will be deducted from your paycheck in two installments. Safety boots required.****
The Interior Installation Technician Senior works under limited supervision to remove, install, and/or fabricate aircraft interiors, which may include items such as trim, carpet, sound proofing, light structure, cabinetry, panels and other accessories. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Interior Installation Technicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Safely perform aircraft interior removal, installation, and/or fabrication of aircraft interiors (which may include galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors and panels).
2) Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
3) Mentor and train other Interior Installation Technicians. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards.
4) Accept lead responsibilities as required. Oversee projects or other technicians and assess requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
5) Utilize the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
6) Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as hand tools, band saws, shears, sanders and brakes. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
7) Prepare and install aircraft interior items in accordance with company operation procedures and quality standards.
8) Remove and re-install nut plates, inserts and other fasteners used in aircraft interiors. Apply proper use of hardware and fittings on aircraft installations.
9) Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
10) Assist technicians with aircraft maintenance requirements
11) Adapt to sudden schedule changes and coordinate projects with other shops/departments as required.
1) Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that reduce cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
2) Make and use simple patterns for own use employing standardized procedures.
3) Perform other duties as required.
1) Fluent in the English language. Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
2) Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3) Ability to use hand/power tools and equipment associated with installation and removal of interiors.
4) Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
5) Must be computer literate.
6) Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
7) Advanced knowledge of aircraft installation and/or fabrication processes applicable to the specific position, such as removal and installation of galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, panels; working with composite panels made from Nomex honeycomb, fiberglass, Lexan, acrylic materials, etc.
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.Four (4) years of applicable installation, fabrication or related experience.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
CTS International - 11 months ago