Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. (TEMA)
TOYOTA TECHINCAL CENTER (TTC)
Interior Trim Design Engineer
position is in
Engineering Design (ED6)
Department located at our
. Toyota is about opportunity, built around you, where the cornerstones are innovation and continuous improvement.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate design and development of interior & interior trim components
- Understand Toyota methodologies and processes for vehicle development
- Schedule for, make, design and issue parts drawings using CAD
- Plan development with suppliers and follow-up to keep their schedule and their meeting of Toyota performance requirements
- Investigate and make countermeasures for field issues
- Report weekly status to Management and support regular department reporting
- Benchmark competitors vehicles
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why work for Toyota?
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical engineering.
- 3-5 Years of experience in automotive design engineering of interior parts of the vehicle
- 3-5 Years of experience with CATIA or CAD system
- General understanding and application of standard engineering theory, principles, and problem solving techniques
- Analytical problem solving abilities
- Effective project and schedule management abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with suppliers, design, manufacturing and Japan/TMC
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Join a team working to lead the future of mobility by enriching the lives around the world with the safest and most responsible ways of moving people
- Learning is a continuous, company-wide process with exciting opportunities for your career growth and development
- Become part of a company committed to maintaining a work culture where differences are respected, where fresh ideas and creativity are nurtured and where opportunity is critical for success
- We're committed to our team members. If you're highly motivated, creative and enjoy working with a cross functional team to influence the research and development of our products, then TTC may be right for you
Some of Toyota's outstanding benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Vehicle Purchase and Lease Programs
- Flexible work schedules
- Relocation for qualified moves
- Employee recognition and Company/Team events
- Tuition assistance and professional development programs
- Retirement Plans: 401(k), Pension, Post-retirement medical options
- Lifestyle (varies by location): On-site credit unions, fitness facilities
Toyota Technical Center (TTC) is a division of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America Inc., established in 1977. TTC's Michigan R&D facilities are located in Ann Arbor, Saline, Plymouth and Livonia. In addition, TTC has testing facilities in Torrance and Gardena, California and a 10-mile oval test track in Wittmann, Arizona.
TTC is engaged in engineering design, prototype building, vehicle evaluation and engineering, materials engineering, powertrain tuning and design, safety/crashworthiness, regulatory affairs and advanced research. TTC has development responsibility for the Avalon, Camry, RAV4 EV, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra and Venza.
Toyota is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workplace.
US-MI-Detroit/Ann Arbor-Ann Arbor
TTC - Toyota Technical Center
Toyota - 22 months ago
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) primarily conducts business in the automotive industry. Toyota also conducts business in the finance and...