The Designer acts as an AvroKO team member under the direction of the Senior Designer, with limited oversight. He or she is a team member in the design of a project from its definition and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
This is a project specific role.
The Intermediate Designers core responsibilities are:
• As part of the team, prepare designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design, with limited supervision required
• Provide FF&E research, selects, budgeting and design presentations including mood boards, quick 3D hand sketching, and In Design presentations.
• Assist on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent and Senior Designer directives.
• Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
• Assist junior designers.
• Represent AvroKO and the design in consultant coordination meetings.
• Participate in design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between Owners consultants and AvroKO.
• Coordination with vendors and manufacturers.
• Part of the team creating and delivering presentations based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
• Provide the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, FF&E specifications, sample boards, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
• Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
• Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
• Attending and reporting on field visits.
• Conducting punch lists reviews
• Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
• Bachelor of higher degree from accredited university in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
• Minimum of over 3 years post graduate experience – excluding internships.
• Outstanding design and conceptual sensibility.
• Demonstrated professional experience in
- Producing graphically coherent, well organized presentations using Adobe Creative Suite
- Preparing drawings for all phases and especially managing design development and construction documents using AutoCAD
- Sourcing, presenting and specifying FF&E selections.
- Hospitality projects being hotels and restaurants.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic hand sketching skills.
• Ability to work in a team and give and take direction.
DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• 3D visualization skills such as sketch up, 3DS Max and V-Ray
• Strong hand sketching / illustrating skills.
• This is a full time position – though applicants willing to work on contract are preferred.
• Legally authorized to work in the US.
• New York residents only (we don’t cover relocation costs)
Coroflot - 17 months ago