SUMMER INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT DESCRIPTION
Award winning design-oriented studio is searching for a versatile intermediate level architect with 3-5 years experience to work closely with supervising staff on Construction Documents for a high-end penthouse residence in New York. Candidate should be a good communicator and capable of working directly with clients, consultants and manufacturers for assembling a full Construction Document / Bid set over the summer. Strong design skills, research initiative combined with construction document experience on custom high-end residential design is a must. Experience in Construction Administration on high-end residential design is a plus. Extension of employment can be discussed after the summer, based on performance and staff requirements. Modest stipend will be provided on a bi-weekly basis.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Professional degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
- Several years' of experience with full Construction Document scope including drawings (especially details), schedules, specs, code requirements, NYC DOB requirements a must.
- CD/CA Experience in high-end residential projects with exterior/terrace work a plus.
- Good 3D visualization and representational skills a must.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhinoceros and Adobe Suite is expected.
- Prior US work authorization – visas will not be sponsored
- Construction, Permit and Bid Documents coordination and assembly
- Material research, specification and detailing
- Assist in Client presentations
Submit materials to email@example.com according to below:
- Label the email subject line starting with “SUMMER INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT: (Name)”
- Cover Letter that includes a clear description of candidate’s CD/CA experience.
- Resume, References, and Work Samples / Portfolio (5MB limit).
- Do not include links to websites.
- No phone calls or studio visits.
- 23 months ago - save job