The Designer acts as an AvroKO team member under the direction of the Senior Designer, with limited oversight. He or she is a team member in the design of a project from its definition and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
This is a project specific role.
The Intermediate Designers core responsibilities are:
- As part of the team, prepare designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design, with limited supervision required
- Provide FF&E research, selects, budgeting and design presentations including mood boards, quick 3D hand sketching, and In Design presentations.
- Assist on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent and Senior Designer directives.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Assist junior designers.
- Represent AvroKO and the design in consultant coordination meetings.
- Participate in design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between Owners consultants and AvroKO.
- Coordination with vendors and manufacturers.
- Part of the team creating and delivering presentations based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Provide the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, FF&E specifications, sample boards, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of higher degree from accredited university in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum of over 3 years post graduate experience – excluding internships.
- Outstanding design and conceptual sensibility.
- Demonstrated professional experience in
- Producing graphically coherent, well organized presentations using Adobe Creative Suite
- Preparing drawings for all phases and especially managing design development and construction documents using AutoCAD
- Sourcing, presenting and specifying FF&E selections.
- Hospitality projects being hotels and restaurants.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic hand sketching skills.
- Ability to work in a team and give and take direction.
- 3D visualization skills such as sketch up, 3DS Max and V-Ray
- Strong hand sketching / illustrating skills.
- This is a full time position – though applicants willing to work on contract are preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
- New York residents only (we don’t cover relocation costs)
This is a four-month freelance position with the possibility of full-time employment at end of contract. Immediate start required.
Please email your resume, portfolio samples and salary expectation in PDF format (file size less than 5MB) to email@example.com .
No phone calls please – we will only respond to qualified candidates.
Archinect.com - 21 months ago