Local Candidates will only be considered for this opportunity.
IA Interior Architects , the only global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interior architecture, is hiring a full-time Intermediate Designer for the Washington, D.C. office. This position will be on-site for a Private Defense Client in Virginia. As Intermediate Designer , you will provide design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Modifies drawings to incorporate design and technical changes.
- Provides project administrative support (record keeping, faxing, transmitting, copying, packaging drawings, etc.).
- Prepares design and contract documents.
- Provides preliminary review of mechanical, engineering and plumbing drawings.
- Develops preliminary space plans.
- Produces finishes boards.
- May select finishes.
- May assist with site verifications and/or field surveys.
- May detail interior design projects.
- May prepare preliminary plans for obtaining furniture and finishes cost estimates.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- 3 - 5 years on commercial interior design projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- Functional knowledge of working drawings and procedures.
- Intermediate interior architectural detailing skills.
- Familiar with building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Familiar with requirements for the path of travel.
- Familiar with contract administration.
- Familiar with space planning methodologies.
- Familiar with furnishings and equipment.
- Familiar with the concepts of furniture layout.
- Working knowledge of the range of design principles and aesthetics.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
- Proficient MS Office application skills.
- Proficient AutoCAD/ADT skills, Revit skills desirable.
- Proficient 3-D programs, SketchUp and other modeling software programs
- Proficient Adobe Illustrator, QUARK, PhotoShop skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic presentation and graphic communication skills.
IA is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are unable to submit your resume online or are limited in your ability to do so as a result of a disability, please contact Human Resources at 415.434.3305 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Interior Architects - 17 months ago