Nelco Engineering, a NELSON engineering company, offers a full range of services, including mechanical and electrical engineering, plumbing, lighting, and life safety and fire protection applications. Our goal is to improve the complete quality of Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental elements of facilities, with the dual objective of minimizing project related cost, along with daily operational and maintenance expense.
Our experience includes renovations for corporate campuses, industrial facilities, data and critical facilities, healthcare and medical office buildings, condo and multi-family housing, criminal justice complexes, education, government, commercial, retail, hospitality/entertainment, office/warehouse and manufacturing facilities, and indefinite delivery contracts. Our team of engineering professionals strives to deliver holistic solutions for a client’s business requirements, corporate objectives and culture.
Nelco is always looking for people committed to providing exceptional engineering services and delivering innovative solutions. We are comprised of the industry’s most seasoned and talented mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers and their commitment to outstanding quality drives their passion. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, Nelco is the place for you. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Designer for building systems design for various project types in Dallas, TX. The Electrical Designer will participate, as a member of the project team, in all aspects of project development including site survey, design development, system selection and contract documentation.
- Function as a lead Designer on medium to larger projects
- Participate in existing conditions surveys
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and vendors as delegated
- Participate in all aspects of the project from design development to construction administration
- Participate in the development of construction documents to insure compliance with design intent
- Consult with the Senior Designer, Project Engineer, or Project Manager to establish project goals and objectives including schedule and budget parameters
- Participate in existing conditions surveys and system documentation
- Coordinate project goals with architects and or Client.
- Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Meet and interface with vendors as requested
- Participate in the preparation of construction documents and specifications
- During the construction phase prepare document revisions such as addenda, bulletins and clarification sketches
- Participate in the punch list process
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, and a minimum 3+ years prior experience in building system design.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineering (PE) License a plus
- Working knowledge of building codes, comprehensive knowledge of engineering detailing and construction methodology, as well as a strong understanding of design and documentation principals, professional practice and standards.
- Ability to review and coordinate engineering documentation and the work of other disciplines to assess compliance with the design concept
- Experience with power, security, controls, lighting protection/grounding, stand-by power (generator plant w/ rectifiers), communication systems (voice/data), UPS, ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch), STS (Static Transfer Switch), paralleling gear, DC power, and high voltage distribution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to do production work as needed in AutoCAD
- Ability to conduct field surveys
- Experience with Revit software highly desired
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. Nelco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the "Apply Now" link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.