This is a Part-time position (20 hours a week).
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Editing/Writing to help develop technical documents and marketing proposals and to provide quality control for both types of products
• Editing material written by other authors
• Providing consistent and uniform written descriptions of end-user materials such as manuals, micro/mini-computer generated reports, and system specifications
• Support CDM Smith’s services to U.S. government agencies such as the Federal Emergency Management agency, Environmental Protection Agency, and Department of Defense
• Work with FEMA project staff to compose and finalize FEMA Study related Correspondence
• Edit and finalize letters from FEMA to community officials, Stakeholders and the general public
• Other duties will include writing and producing official correspondence, system documentation, newsletter articles, presentations, data entry forms, and other documents, sometimes in collaboration with government personnel
• Provide editing and writing support for proposals and other marketing documents prepared for government readers
• At least 2-4 years of experience writing/editing in a technical environment or in the publishing industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for proofreading.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office is a must, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Previous technical writing experience is a plus.
• Previous federal government experience is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.