This is a Part-time position (20 hours a week).
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Editing/Writing to help develop technical documents and marketing proposals and to provide quality control for both types of products
• Editing material written by other authors
• Providing consistent and uniform written descriptions of end-user materials such as manuals, micro/mini-computer generated reports, and system specifications
• Support CDM Smith’s services to U.S. government agencies such as the Federal Emergency Management agency, Environmental Protection Agency, and Department of Defense
• Work with FEMA project staff to compose and finalize FEMA Study related Correspondence
• Edit and finalize letters from FEMA to community officials, Stakeholders and the general public
• Other duties will include writing and producing official correspondence, system documentation, newsletter articles, presentations, data entry forms, and other documents, sometimes in collaboration with government personnel
• Provide editing and writing support for proposals and other marketing documents prepared for government readers
• At least 2-4 years of experience writing/editing in a technical environment or in the publishing industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for proofreading.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office is a must, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Previous technical writing experience is a plus.
• Previous federal government experience is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
CDM Smith - 10 months ago