The Accounting Intern will report to the controller in the finance department. The position will assist with daily operations, assist with accounts payable and payroll as needed, and will provide backup for regular employees as needed.
This is a full-time 2014 summer internship and will require someone who can work at least 40 hours per week. Start and end dates will be based on availability and business need.
Applications must be received by 5pm Thursday October 31, 2013.
The items listed are essential functions of the position unless otherwise stated
Posting journal entries
Assisting with accounts payable and payroll as needed
Assisting in set up of manual files used to track financial data
Working with databases
Providing backup for employees on vacation for short periods
Other duties as assigned.
Nonessential function: other duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must be detailed oriented
- Good communication skills
- General accounting principles
- Must have completed at least 60 credit hours with an accredited college or university.
- Must be actively enrolled and pursuing a degree in accounting.
Brickstreet Mutual Insurance - 30+ days ago