The Authentics Intern will work with the newly establish Nationals Authentics program. Their duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting in the planning of authentic game used memorabilia throughout the 81 game season, monitoring player signings, managing inventory of items, assessing product needs and placing supply orders, as well as fulfilling all point-of-sale orders throughout the season (online, auctions, requests, pre-orders, gameday kiosk, etc.). This person must maintain a high degree of professional athletes. The ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in Business or Sports Management, or Marketing have exceptional organizational skills, background in sports, and strong customer service skills. Sports Memorabilia knowledge is a plus. Must be available to work all 81 games and stay for the entire length of the traineeship of March-December.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Marketing & Broadcasting Manager in planning authentic game used memorabilia and planning of autograph signings with players
- Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies and place orders accordingly
- Assist in the management of all inventory related to game used and autographed memorabilia, including gameday kiosk, auctions and other points-of-sale
- Fulfill all auction, online, pre-ordered or other requested items and track shipping
- Work closely with MLB Authenticators in game day fulfilling requests
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed one semester or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months). Pursuing Marketing, Sports Management, or Business as a degree.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a sports related position
- Must be available to work all 81 home games and other marketing events which will include nights and weekends
- Must have a high degree of professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of baseball
- Interest in sports marketing, entertainment, baseball as a career preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.