Communications Interns will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a sports communications department. He/ She will gain hands-on experience writing content for press and promotional materials as well as serving as an onsite Public Relations assistant for games and events. This position will be available as follows: 1 intern from starting ASAP - 10/15/2013; 1 intern from 03/27/2013 - 07/30/2013; and 1 intern from 07/08/2013 - 10/15/2013.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and complie daily media clips
- Assist in compiling wrap-up reports following each Nationals press event
- Help write press-related materials and create content for various promotional opportunities.
- Contact media regarding Nationals events and promotions
- Research local/ national media outlets and resources.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed one semester or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months). Communications-related focus is preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and proof will be required at the time of application
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Social media experience is preferred
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.