This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Washington Nationals Community Relations department. This internship will run for the duration of the year, February through December. This is a paid internship that will require approximately 34 hours a week, including nights and weekends based on the game schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the fulfillment and distribution of autographed memorabilia and tickets to community groups;
- Receive and route incoming mail, phone, and e-mail requests, responding when appropriate;
- Assist in the planning and execution of Community Relations events and programming;
- Assist with gameday programming including meet and greets, VIP game-day experiences, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations;
- Join Community Relations staff in meetings with community and civic groups;
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Relations and Communications department.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of one year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University, or a recent graduate (graduated within the last 6 months);
- Graduate student with coursework in Sport Management or Community Outreach preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer) required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
- Must have the ability to appropriately handle challenging situations and coordinate large groups of people with customer service in mind;
- Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game day guests, and on occasion, players and their families;
- Ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality;
- Must demonstrate consistent and punctual attendance and be available for the duration of the internship;
- Interest in community relations work required;
- Working knowledge of Major League Baseball required.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment, however the position will have gameday responsibilities that may expose them to weather conditions including extreme temperatures;
- The position will require walking throughout the facility, as well as standing for extended periods of time;
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds;
- Must have a flexible schedule that allows for the possibility of working a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
MLB - 17 months ago