This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Washington Nationals Community Relations department. This internship will run for the duration of the season, mid-March through September. This is a paid internship that will require approximately 34 hours a week, including nights and weekends based on the game schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with distribution of tickets to community partners;
- Receive and categorize incoming requests from community groups and coordinate the distribution/mailing of fan packs;
- Staff clinics, drives and other Community Relations events and programming;
- Assist with gameday programming including meet and greets, VIP game-day experiences, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations;
- Manage and conduct inventory of CR storage areas, including autographed items and giveaway items;
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Relations and Communications department.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of one year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months).
- Coursework in Sport Management or Community Outreach preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer) required.
- Must have the ability to appropriately handle challenging situations and coordinate large groups of people with customer service in mind;
- Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game day guests, and on occasion, players and their families;
- Ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality;
- Must demonstrate consistent and punctual attendance and be available for the duration of the internship;
- Interest in community relations work required;
- Working knowledge of Major League Baseball required.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment, however the position will have gameday responsibilities that may expose them to weather conditions including extreme temperatures;
- The position will require walking throughout the facility, as well as standing for extended periods of time;
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds;
- Must have a flexible schedule that allows for the possibility of working a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
MLB - 2 years ago