Become part of a dynamic environment that offers a hands-on internship experience. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic students to contribute toward key projects that support our business, community and cultural growth. Experience a work environment that thrives on innovation, collaboration and partnership. Enjoy flight privileges while you are here... Lunch in San Diego? Weekend in Portland? Maui? Phoenix... Done!
Ranked the highest in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates for six straight years for major network carriers, we provide an exceptional and innovative travel experience to more than a hundred destinations across North America and Hawaii. In addition to award-winning service our people provide, we're determined to make Alaska the easiest airline to fly.
We want to talk to students who have accomplished outstanding academic results while completing their sophomore, junior or senior years. The program is designed for a commitment of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10 weeks. The rate of pay is $14/hour. When not working, we invite our interns to take advantage of unlimited complimentary space-available travel on Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air.
- Assist with Customer Innovation efforts including passenger interviews, creation of proofs of concept and mockups and documentation of team activities
- Assist with organization of Innovation workshops and events through coordination of participants, workshop facilities, communication and data collection
- Participate in the analysis, design, and development of new software prototype applications
- Develop and implement software solutions utilizing the appropriate software development languages and tools
- Write technical documentation to support new applications and prototypes
- Create and produce front-end code for micro-sites, landing pages, presentations, and more
- Create code and design that effectively communicates testing objectives and incorporates the latest web and application design trends and functionality
- Optimize layout design decisions based on test data
- Effectively collaborate with customer innovation team members and partners to support successful completion of efforts
- Identify and communicate unresolved problems and barriers to successful execution along with recommendations for correction
- Advocate for bold, creative innovations that drive significant improvements in passenger satisfaction
- Keep up on the latest information and emerging trends
- Show thought leadership in suggesting new product features, novel interactions, and innovative solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Experience developing solutions using Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, XML, web services preferred
- Demonstrated experience of relational database development skills preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite with an eye for compelling visual and user-centered design preferred
- Knowledge of process improvement and project management methodologies preferred
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 5 months ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....