Posting Job Title: Intern, Data Management
Requisition #: 143745BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Administrative/Clerical
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an Archer Intern for our Corporate Development group. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This position can be based in either Herndon, VA or Kansas City, MO.
Essential Job Functions:
Candidate will work alongside professional Program and Data Managers in tracking ongoing, nationwide WiFi product development projects from inception to implementation. Candidate will learn and utilize Archer project tool to assist corporate and regional project managers and business stakeholders with the following:
Candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with Archer and Project Managers to proactively identify, design, and implement new solutions and enhancements to the Archer system in order to improve overall project management process and reporting.
- Managing and tracking detailed project metrics
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for project status and metrics
- Gathering and validating project data for various markets
- Working with cross-functional teams to resolve identified data issues
- Administering and supporting end-users of Archer application
Candidate will gain exposure to real-world project and product management principles, as well as business case analysis and solution design.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced Excel and/or Access preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work successfully in a geographically disperse, team oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a college/university, community college or technical institute
- Preferred Areas of Study: Computer Science/Information Systems Management/Management Information Systems/Computer Technology
- Applicants must have completed first year of college before beginning internship
- Applicants must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program
- Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
- Must have permanent US work authorization.
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
- Required overall GPA 3.0
Must be currently enrolled in a degreed program in the Spring and Fall 2013 semesters to be eligible.
Preferred Areas of Study: Computer Science/Information Systems Management/Management Information Systems/Computer Technology
Our 10 week program begins June 3rd and ends August 9 th . This is a full time (40 hour work week) paid internship. Please note we do not provide housing.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 30+ days ago
- 4 days ago
- 10 days ago
- 10 days ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...