Posting Job Title: Intern, Data Warehouse
Requisition #: 143277BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Data Warehouse Architect
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
- Currently enrolled in a college/university, law school, community college or technical institute
- Required overall GPA 3.0 (GPA) or greater on 4.0 scale
- Applicants must have completed first year of college before beginning internship
- Applicants must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program
- Must plan to return to school the semester following internship (undergraduate or graduate)
- Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
- Must have permanent US work authorization.
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
Data Warehouse Architect Intern - The position will function as an internal consultant or liaison between the IT organization, the functional business clients and the BI Solutions Architecture team. This individual will assist the BI Solutions Architecture team with architectural data design diagram updates, Sharepoint Site administration, data structure definitions and Metadata Repository maintenance.
Project Title and Project Objective:
The Data Warehouse Architect Intern will assist the BI Solutions Architecture team with architectural data design diagram updates, Sharepoint Site administration, data structure definitions and Metadata Repository maintenance. This role requires a knowledge of software implementation lifecycle and the ability to work well with people and peers.
- Overall understanding of Information Technology.
- Understanding of database technologies and SQL.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence strategies.
- Understanding of data modeling principals and designs (3NF, Dimensional Modeling).
- Ability to use standard MS Office software such as Visio and Excel.
- Possesses good problem solving and analytic skills.
- Possesses good communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Data Modeling delivering both logical and physical designs.
- Experience in Programming such as UNIX, PERL, Shell, C, C++ and /or SQL.
- Ability to translate business needs into data requirements.
Final Product or Outcome of Project:
The DW Architect Intern will produce updates to our existing Consumption Diagram. They will also upgrade our current Erwin Repository to V9 and assist with its implementation.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) program, a graduate program or a graduating senior in May 2013.
Preferred Areas of Study: Computer Science, Software and Information Systems, Information Technology
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...