The Washington Nationals are currently seeking a Guest Services and Hospitality Operations Intern for the 2013 season. The Intern’s primary responsibilities will be assisting in helping both with Guest Services as well as working with Levy Restaurants on various projects. They are needed to help ensure that various tasks are completed during the season within a timely manner. The internship program will provide the students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a professional baseball organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Guest Services Wardrobe, ensuring that uniform inventories are maintained
- Assist with our Guest Services Lost and Found Program
- Assist the Director of Hospitality with day to day events
- Assist in pre game and/or post game check lists making sure that all partner companies are ready for the upcoming games.
- Assist with the TEAM Service Rewards and Recognition Program
- Work to maintain an inventory of food service items
- General clerical office duties, filing and data entry
- Help greet and direct guests to areas in the ballpark upon their arrival
- Ability to assist in non game day events with staffing and operations
- Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Park
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Currently enrolled as a undergraduate (or graduated within the last six months) or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed 1 semester.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully complete a Background Investigation.
- Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program.
- Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate articulately and detail oriented.
- Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs may be required.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to remain calm and positive under stressful situations and project a professional image at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Conditions are normal for an office environment and there may be occasional weekend and/or evening duties.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
- Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
MLB - 19 months ago