Become part of a dynamic environment that offers a hands-on internship experience. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic students to contribute toward key projects that support our business, community and cultural growth. Experience a work environment that thrives on innovation, collaboration and partnership. Enjoy flight privileges while you are here... Lunch in San Diego? Weekend in Portland? Maui? Phoenix... Done!
Ranked the highest in customer satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates for six straight years for major network carriers, we provide an exceptional and innovative travel experience to more than a hundred destinations across North America and Hawaii. In addition to award-winning service our people provide, we're determined to make Alaska the easiest airline to fly.
We want to talk to students who have accomplished outstanding academic results while completing their sophomore, junior or senior years. The program is designed for a commitment of 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10 weeks. The rate of pay is $14/hour. When not working, we invite our interns to take advantage of unlimited complimentary space-available travel on Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air.
- Respond to Help Desk requests received from users by phone, e- mail, and teletype messages
- Maintain records on user problems and provide information to users on resolution status
- Identify second-level problems and refer them to appropriate organizations or individuals for resolution
- Ensure that problems are escalated to management for additional attention according to duration and severity
- Provide call in of maintenance technicians for equipment repair
- Maintain inventory records of installed packaged software including registration with the manufacturer
- Create and manage user accounts for various networking and information systems
- Perform administrative tasks in support of the Air Group enterprise email system
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Proficient at using Microsoft products, including Windows Operating Systems and Office required
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to keep technical skills current required
- Ability to make good troubleshooting decisions utilizing internal policies and procedures as well as technical documentation required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18 required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Internship positions are open to current graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in a full time course of study or those who have graduated within the last semester/quarter from those programs
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....