This is a unique opportunity to gain experience at a big data startup! If you love data, want an opportunity to grow with a company, and enjoy working in an exciting environment with smart, down-to earth people, you’re in the right place.
We are looking for a top-notch intern to augment our Information & Insights team at Quad Analytix. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Classifying data utilizing our unique in-house software tools
• Entering in missing attributes for products in our database
• Assisting with crowdsourcing operations and recruiting
• Prepping training materials for crowd resources
• Recommending solutions from your experiences to improve our data storage, extraction process, and internal tools
This role is contains a large amount of repetitive work (~90%) but the tradeoff is a unique experience and insight into a fast-paced startup.
Who you are:
You take pride in your attention to detail. You’re naturally analytical, and don’t mind spending your time doing repetitive tasks to achieve your goals. Speaking of goals, you evaluate your success based on results, not the time you spent trying to achieve your objectives. You’ve got a great work ethic, and just as importantly, a great attitude. Your consistency doesn’t mean you’re complacent; you exhibit a slight distaste for the status quo. You proactively identify solutions to problems we didn’t even know existed and drive to implement them without much guidance. You like to bring structure into confusing situations, but that doesn’t mean you would pass an opportunity to wear jeans to work. You want to collaborate with smart, humble people, and enjoy coming in to work each day.
Some general requirements:
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and desire to learn (Proficiency will set you apart)
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written/verbal)
• Comfortable with daily deadlines
• Available to work full time or ~20 hours/week
• Associate/Bachelor’s degree or currently in-progress
• Experience with eCommerce will differentiate you (Even if you’re just a pro shopper!)
• Prior data entry or quantitative experience is a plus