Do you want to spend your workdays thinking about and making a difference in the fields that really interest you? If so, join The NPD Group. With offices across the globe, your new job could be waiting for you in the exciting city of your choice!
We have been in business since 1966 and provide market information and advisory services to help companies make better business decisions. We help our clients develop the right products and get them in the right places at the right prices for the right people in order grow their businesses. We have over 2,000 clients worldwide and are known for our expertise in industries including food, fashion, technology...and more.
The Commercial Technology business at NPD works with some of the most well-known and exciting companies in the world. Are you passionate about technology? Do you read InformationWeek, CRN, Wired, or PCMag, and have an opinion on which companies are doing things right and which companies should be doing things better? We’re seeking a Summer Intern to join our Client Development team who will be responsible for supporting the senior team with ongoing client initiatives related to data analysis, revenue generation and industry insights.
This position is open to location in NPD’s San Diego office.
• Utilize NPD’s proprietary online data mining tool, DecisionKey, to access NPD’s Point-of-Sale data for ongoing, custom and Ad Hoc client reports to address clients’ business questions
• Analyze market research data to uncover client specific opportunities
• Design and create PowerPoint presentations to tell the client a story about the state of the market and their opportunities based in the data
• Attend client meetings with the senior team to learn about the industry and client needs.
• Support monthly client custom reporting by pulling data and updating Excel and PowerPoint based reports
• Conduct client penetration analysis to identify opportunities within the account base utilizing Salesforce
• Evaluate current products to determine which have/have not been successful and present findings and recommendation to the team
• College student graduating in 2014. Preferably able to continue part-time during the school year.
• Technology experience or interest a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
• Experience accurately interpreting data and clearly articulating findings, both in written and verbal formats
• Education and/or experience in Market Research preferred
• Expert in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...