Mueller Systems is seeking skilled and talented student interns to work on Smart Metering Projects for a our Internship program. The student interns will have the opportunity to work in one of several areas:
Applicants should be pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Software Engineering, Geography Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Management Information Systems or Operations Management. Interns must commit to working a minimum of 16 hours of their choice per week during normal business hours (M-F, 8-5) for the duration of the internship.
- The interns’ duties may include any of the following projects:
- Assist in the development of network design for cutting edge AMI systems.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting networks, GIS designs, network simulations and node/router firmware upgrades.
- Assignments will vary but may include: graphical user interface (GUI) issue identification, writing and tracking software bugs, installing and configuring new software versions on custom devices, gathering essential information for the conduction of propagation studies, and working with databases for data alterations. Additional tasks may include data formatting in excel, geocoding meter locations using Google Earth and other web based programs, providing remote assistance in Home Area Network device installations, gathering and organizing billing requirements, and troubleshooting anomalies on web based programs.
- Interns will work in a professional environment with several learning and carrier opportunities. Mentoring by Analysts, Senior Project Managers and Engineers will be part of the intern experience.
Experience/Knowledge in one or more of the following is desired but nor required:
- SQL, T-SQL
- Google Earth
- MS Office (Especially Excel)
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...