Posting Job Title: Intern, Online Editorial Team
Requisition #: 143260BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Editorial
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an Online Editorial Intern for our HSO Strategy group. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The Online Editorial Intern will assist with the coordination and execution of various tasks and processes within the Programming Department. This 10-week assignment requires strong communication skills; the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment; and the ability to work well under pressure while driving results. The intern will report directly into a Senior Online Producer and will support the Time Warner Cable Online Portal Team.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Research timely features for possible editorial rotation and/or special features
- Conceptualize and produce new ways of helping drive traffic deeper into the portal
- Work with the commerce team to help maximize TWC revenue opportunities
- Perform daily QA checks of the online portal with a focus on style, formatting, and overall customer experience
Desired Skills: Excellent organizational capability; strong writing and interpersonal communication skills; demonstration of creative problem solving and ability to take initiative to investigate issues and make sound judgments; comfortable working in constantly changing environment while meeting deadlines; flexibility to work with changing priorities and adapt to new processes; ability to work effectively and act professionally with all staff levels; ability to work with minimal/moderate supervision.
Education and Experience:
Must be currently enrolled in a degreed program in the Spring and Fall 2013 semesters to be eligible.
- Currently enrolled in a college/university, law school, community college or technical institute
- Applicants must have completed first year of college before beginning internship
- Applicants must be continuing their education in the Spring and Fall of 2013 following their participation in the program
- Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
- Must have permanent US work authorization
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
- Required overall GPA 3.0
Our 10 week program begins June 3rd and ends August 9 th . This is a full time (40 hour work week) paid internship. Please note we do not provide housing
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...