Parts & Analysis Intern
FLSA: Hourly / Temporary
Division Name / Location: Torrance , CA
Department Name: Parts
Internship Term: June 16- August 22, 2014 (10 weeks)
Hours: Flexible 20-35 hours / week
Supervisor Title: Manager of Parts
Rate of pay: $10-$12 / hour DOE
This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
· Under the leadership of our Parts Manager will participate in a parts project in Purchasing or Marketing.
· Will analyze parts data to help determine the direction and activities of our 2014/2015 growth.
· Will conduct parts research on customer buying practice.
· Parts analytic development
· Attend and participate in our annual Summer Sales Meeting 2014 with tractor “Ride & Drives”, breakout sessions and formal dinner
· Complete special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
· Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local University, as junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing , Economics or Logistics 3.50 or above
· Skills and Background: Strong capability in analytics, Power Point and Excel. Basic knowledge of office machines
· Strong interpersonal (verbal / written) communication skills. Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
· High level of skill in decision making, problem solving and analytics. Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills. Integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship
· Language Requirements: Strong proficiency and sophistication in the use of English in both written and verbal formats.
· Physical Requirements: Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
Benefits to the Student:
· Comprehensive Training
· Access to top Leaders
· Capstone Project presented senior management
· Social Events throughout summer
· Engaging independent work that makes a difference to the business
· Build resume and explore post – graduation career options
· Flexible scheduling
· Real world experience
· Interviewing practice
· Letter of recommendation
· Potential for future employment
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Kubota is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any qualified applicant or employee based on race, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical condition), sexual orientation, national origin, religion, creed, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Kubota Tractor Corporation - 8 months ago