WebMD (NASDAQ: WMBD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine . The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The SysAdmin team is charged with the daily care and feeding of all infrastructure assets at the Operating System level including Microsoft and RedHat server assets. Daily tasks include Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, and SharePoint maintenance. SysAdmin also manages the care and configuration of large Private Cloud infrastructure consisting of over 100 VMware ESX Hypervisors. The intern will support the day to day functions and assist with a SharePoint migration project. The internship is located in NYC and runs from June 4 th , 2012 to August 10 th , 2012. Corporate housing is not provided, however we do offer a competitive salary.
Day to day responsibilities of the group include monitoring of corporate and production servers in a heterogeneous Windows/Linux environment, account management, password resets, TCP/IP networking troubleshooting, and project support to other teams in the Technology organization.
The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team or independently under minimal direction. Documentation of current processes will be a large focus, as well as some interesting SharePoint Content re-organization.
Preferred Majors (in order of preference) :
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and returning for the Fall, 2013 semester.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to interact and work in a collaborative setting
- Prefer candidates who are local or within reasonable commuting distance from NYC. No relocation/housing assistance is available for this position
- 1-2 years of server administration exposure.
- Familiarity with Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 server platforms
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with SharePoint a bonus
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and networking concepts
- Active Directory account management ( account creation, password resets)
- Ability to work within given parameters on project based work
- Ability to manage multiple work priorities
- Information Technology
- Information Design and Communication
- Technical Communication
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
WebMD - 17 months ago
House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health Corp. is a leading Web publisher of health information for...