WebMD (NASDAQ: WMBD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine . The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Technology Operations internship is an opportunity for an aspiring individual to experience technical and business/operational sides of supporting an enterprise class website as WebMD.
- Participating in build delivery and deployment through different stages of environments
- Assisting with reviewing and documenting operational procedures within Technology Operations
- Assisting with reviewing, documenting and analysis during performance incidents within Site Reliability Engineering
- Attending Technology operations daily intake, weekly status meeting and monthly planning meetings
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and returning for the Fall, 2013 semester.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Knowledge of web based applications/architecture
- Knowledge about operating systems such as Redhat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge about programming languages like Java, C, C++, C#, SQL
- Knowledge of RDMS
- Knowledge about IT procedures and Application Lifecycle management
- Good organization, interpersonal communication and writing skills
Prefer a local candidate or someone within reasonable commuting distance from NYC. No relocation/housing assistance is available for this position.
- Major in computer science/electrical engineering is preferred
House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health Corp. is a leading Web publisher of health information for...