Posting Job Title: Intern, Web Services Engineer
Requisition #: 143137BR
Posting Location: Denver, CO, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Internship Program offers students a work experience which will create a bridge between their classroom knowledge and possible career choices. This opportunity will allow you to gain valuable professional experience within an industry leading company.
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Summer Intern Web Developer for our Web Portals Marketing Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The selected candidate will, in collaboration with more senior development team members, develop and test scalable, interactive Web applications for the presentation of rich media, dynamic content, communications services, and subscriber utilities for timewarnercable.com in conjunction with implementing an exciting, feature-rich, JVM-based webCMS for multiple TWC Marketing teams
- Course work and / or personal experience with: core Web technologies (HTTP, HTML 5, CSS, JSON) JVM based open-source languages, tools and frameworks (such as Java, Scala/Lift, Groovy/Grails, Spring, Lucene/Solr)
- Apply Web 2.0 technologies in implementing services which pursue the company's mission of connecting people and businesses with information, entertainment and each other in ways that are simple and easy.
Education and Experience:
- Must plan to return to school the semester following internship (undergraduate or graduate)
- Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
- Must have permanent US work authorization.
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
- Required overall GPA 3.0
Must be currently enrolled in a degreed program in the Spring and Fall 2013 semesters to be eligible.
Our 10 week program begins June 3rd and ends August 9th . This is a full time (40 hour work week) paid internship. Please note we do not provide housing.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00719 - Denver Wynkoop
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 14 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...