NJVC offers a paid, year-round internship program for computer science (or related discipline) graduate and undergraduate students (who have completed at least of two years of college). Internships are available in these areas:
• Core Technologies/Architectures: Software engineering, automation, code generation, intuitive user interfaces, massively parallel processing and high-performance/hyper scale computing
• Cloud Computing: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and any enterprise IT component as a service
• Data Analytics: Data mining, machine learning, data visualization, business intelligence, business analytics and optimization, predictive analytics and big data
• Cyber Security: Malware analysis, network security, cyber-crime analysis, advanced persistent thread analysis, cyber security data analytics and threat predictions
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NJVC offers a flexible schedule, ranging from eight to 40 hours per week; duration of the internships can vary from a three-month summer term to year round co-op work schedule. Interns perform a variety of research, software engineering and development operations related to emerging technologies. Work location is at NJVC headquarters in Chantilly, VA. The internships are potentially convertible to full-time positions based on individual availability, performance and suitability.
Typical intern activities are:
• Prototype development and testing
• Design and development of native and Web -based software
• Refactoring and optimization of existing software libraries and applications
• Integration of COTS products and services via open standards
• Automation of application use cases
• Automation of engineering framework impacting software lifecycle, testing, packaging, deployment and delivery
• Design and development of monitoring and alerting mechanisms for operational infrastructure, cloud frameworks and big data systems
• Implementation of NoSQL frameworks for massive data collection, crunching, curating, mining, searching and analytics reporting
• Evaluation and testing of emerging technologies for verifying applicability, capability and performance
Along with good analytical and communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team and independently (minimal supervision), ideal candidates would possess experience in some of the following technologies:
• Programming Languages: Java, C/C+, Ruby, PHP, SQL
• Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows
• Frameworks: J2EE, MVC, Spring, REST, Hadoop, Map Reduce
• Service Oriented Architectures: Axis, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, XML
• Business Process Engineeringlanguages, frameworks
• Application Servers: Oracle, JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache, Glassfish
• Databases: Oracle, MySQL
• NOSQL Databases: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB
• Search Engines: Lucene, Solr, Katta, Tika
• Mobile Technologies: Android, iOS, Cocoa, Sencha etc.
• Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, XML tools.
Security Clearance Requirement: N/A.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...