Intern IT - Arch & Core Svcs - 1300254
: Are you looking for a technology focused internship that will give you experience in a cutting edge Information Technology department? Join our Architecture & Core Services team where you will enjoy being part of collaborative software development projects utilizing Microsoft Foundation Server and Agile technologies.
**Must be currently enrolled as a student in a technology related college program to be considered for this specific internship**
- Internship Length - up to 12 months
- Schedule - Monday through Friday
- Department operates 8 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. (daily work hours of internship can be flexibly scheduled between these times)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, uses basic knowledge and skills obtained through education and on-the-job training to assist Information Technology (IT) teams.
- Responsibilities may include research, analysis, documentation, coding, design and testing programs in support or development of technology used within Raymond James.
- IT Interns will receive mentoring from other Raymond James associates during their internship.
- The validity of the IT Intern's work is constantly challenged by associates who are more technical to ensure company data is not adversely affected during the training process.
- The IT Intern does not exercise any supervision.
Use Word and Excel to document standards, processes, and procedures
Assist in managing SharePoint sites
Help produce status reports
Respond to requests for Continuous Delivery onboarding
Document and maintain Continuous Delivery processes and requirements
: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic/Entry-Level Knowledge of:
- Knowledge of industry standard Database Administration tools (Microsoft)
- The relationship between IT and business
- Concepts of managing information systems and/or analysis and design
- Classes and/or coursework in database administration helpful
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Ask general questions.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with others.
- Follow all internal procedures.
- Communicate timely and through proper channels to keep customer and upper management informed of the progress of an issue.
- Effectively organize and prioritize all tasks and responsibilities with assistance.
- Participate in team projects and activities.
- Escalate unresolved issues to others.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Current enrollment in school and/or IT-related courses required
- Training or experience in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Brokerage Experience, Microsoft Foundation Server, Data Modeling, e-Learning, CRM, PeopleSoft, Analysis and Design, Project Management, ASP.Net, COBOL, HTML, SQL, C#.
- The specific skills will vary depending on the IT sub-department and/or projects assigned.
- Credit hours in Management Information Systems courses, or courses related to specific assignments.
Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Financial, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
You can call it Ray. You can call it Ray Jay. But Raymond James Financial will do just fine. The company offers investment and financial...