The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
Include, but are not limited to: supporting the Project Manager(s) in all aspects of daily management of project including: integration of program elements, program book management, team meeting and minutes, budget and schedules. With our emphasis on integrated project delivery, interns will assist in bringing together all phases of the project.
• Working knowledge of 3D Building Information Modelling tools, Revit, Autodesk ACA
• Understanding cost estimating, scheduling and construction planning tools
• Deomonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Ability to take direction, adapt o change, establish relationships and work in a team environment
• Skills in conflict resolution and problem solving on project, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
• Active membership in a professional society.
• Previous Disney experience.
• Previous project management experience
Classes in cross disciplines is preferred (construction/engineering, architecture/construction etc.)
Junior, senior or graduate-level college student majoring in Construction, Architecture or Engineering.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated within the past 12 months
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2013 through August/September 2013. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Attention International Students:
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 Visa and do not have a Social Security number, please contact our office at 407-828-1736 PRIOR to applying.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Disney - 16 months ago