The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment, drive systems for marine and industrial applications, and aerospace components, and is one of the world's leading producers of heavy-diesel engines (9-16 liter). The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs more than 90,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells their products in more than 180 markets. In Greensboro, North Carolina, the Volvo Group employs approximately 2,000 office workers in multiple professions and multiple levels of management.
Purpose and Contents of the Role
The internship/coop role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo GTT by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo GTT.
Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets
Assist the IT & Process Team as they support the Buyers & Operations Manager with Purchasing related data collection and report development.
- Prepare various Purchasing status reports (material cost level, raw material pricing, etc.)
- Assist the Operations Manager & Buyers in their day-to-day activities (prepare RFQ’s, CSDB follow up, QJ status updates and delivery status updates.)
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings.
Essential Skills and Required Experience
For initial consideration, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
Minimum Education Requirements
· Applicants must be pursuing Bachelors or Master’s degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Compensation and Benefits:
· All Volvo Group North America internships are compensated with a competitive salary. Students can also take advantage of various employee discounts.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer