CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a College Summer Intern to receive training and to evaluate and analyze new strategy and technology opportunities. See how CPS Energy can work for you!
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Science, Technology, Business, Engineering, or Math related Degree or Major
• 3.0 GPA or above
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to create detailed excel worksheets
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Skilled in creativity
• Self motivated
• Primary consideration for this position will be given to qualified candidates who reside in San Antonio and surrounding areas
Applicants for this position, please include the following:
• 1 to 2 Letters of Recommendation from Professors or Employers
• A six sentence personal statement describing qualifications and reason for interest in the position
Background Check Requirements: Employment at CPS Energy is contingent passing CPS Energy’s drug screening and background check.
Also, interns must exhibit and adhere to CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles most in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset
•Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
•Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
•Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Accountability and Attention to Detail
•Produces results despite obstacles; no excuses
•Holds herself/himself and others accountable, without flinching
•Stands behind all commitments; we do what we say we will do, and we do it well
•Ensures all work is correct and accurate
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...