Responsible for leading the Sampling Statistics Department. Direct all sampling and weighting tasks for all client studies and overall for the recruitment and maintenance of the probability-based Web panel called Knowledge Panel. In this position, the chief statistician is the senior technical advisor and scientific consultant on sampling and weighting issues to internal staff and represents the company to clients, other outside researchers and to external professional audiences on these topics. The chief scientist plays a key role in innovation and continuous improvement in KnowledgePanel sampling and recruitment methods and the development of new sampling and weighting solutions. The Sampling Statistics unit under the chief statistician also houses and maintains all profile data routinely collected from panel members. The company’s elite Survey Method’s Group is another area of responsibility of the chief statistician which carries out all internal survey methods research. All professional staff under the chief statistician’s direction are located in Palo Alto, CA and Princeton, N.J. with additional contract staff in Mumbai, India.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult, provide direction and solutions for client sampling and weighting projects and proposals including direct consultation with clients
- Coordinate all activities, tasks and set priorities for the Sampling Statistics Unit.
- Provide direction and solutions for Knowledge Panel recruitment sampling and the overall panel weighting and coordinate with Panel Management staff
- Participate in strategic planning for Knowledge Panel and co-chair the Panel Steering Committee
- Provide direction and solutions for all Panel profile data maintenance
- Provide direction and solutions for all research methods activities including the preparation of professional presentations and authorship or oversight of research publication
- Negotiate, coordinate and maintain relationships with external vendors
Experience and Skills:
Education: Doctorate in a quantitative field preferred.
- Expert understanding of survey sampling and weighting statistics
- Expert knowledge of statistical methodology and survey methodology
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons
- Excellent consulting experience with clients of all different professional backgrounds
- Ability to manage staff of professional researchers and analysts
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.