KCP&L, a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Plains Energy Incorporated, is a leading regulated provider of energy-related products and services for homes, businesses, industries, and municipalities in the Kansas City metropolitan area and surrounding region.
This position is an internship in the KCP&L Facilities Department. It is a developmental position assisting the facilities department in organizing building construction and space planning documentation and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with managers to research and put together packets of construction drawings approximately 40 existing buildings
* Update AutoCAD space plans for CAFM/IWMS
* Perform employee location surveys
* Create and document processes for maintaining space plans and employee locations
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbal and written
* Knowledge and experience with use of construction drawings
* Experience designing in AutoCAD
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products and applications
* Strong work ethic and the ability/desire to maintain a high degree of productivity
* Makes sound decisions with general guidance
* Preferred candidate will have 3+ years of college education in a facilities/construction management degree
By submitting your application, you certify that all the information provided in this application is true to the best of your knowledge and belief and you understand that any material misrepresentation, omission, or falsification of any information provided on this application, or any other documents submitted to KCP&L in the application process, if discovered at any time during your employment, will be considered grounds for immediate discharge. Any information provided is subject to verification. KCP&L is authorized to verify any of the information you have provided, and you release from any and all liability all persons or companies that provide such information. You further understand and agree that your employment is "at will" and may be terminated at any time with or without cause at either your option or that of the Company.
Great Plains Energy is sweeping the fruited plains with electric power. The holding company serves about 823,200 electricity customers in...