The Private Trust Company (PTC), an affiliate of LPL Financial Services, LLC, is a growing, entrepreneurial business located in Cleveland, Ohio, that assists families with financial management issues of all types. With a concentration on the implementation of transfers of wealth to future generations, charities and community, we offer clients the sophistication of our experienced trust officers, combined with a high level of customer service from professional staff.
The Summer Intern will participate primarily in clerical, administration and operations functions supporting PTC. This person will also be expected to handle general office duties and some routine compliance responsibilities.
Duties will include:
Duties may include:
- Assist in imaging hard copy files onto imaging system database.
- Be a direct backup to the general office administrative assistant/receptionist, supporting the office by answering phones, assisting in statement and client mailings and other tasks as needed on a consistent basis.
- Maintain client files and assist in filing client documents in the hard copy or electronic file systems.
- Prepare client accounts documentation for their annual trust account review. Work with Trust Officer and Investment Officer in reviewing account documentation, investment policies, account performance, cash liquidity needs, historical or prospective changes in client situations or activities, etc.
- Gather client information for new accounts, existing accounts or account terminations, coordinating that data through Operations for execution.
- Create and complete account opening documentation. Follow up to ensure completion.
- Coordinate account documentation and account beneficiary needs.
- Collect and create disbursement requests while ensuring adequate documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of proper documentation and compliance backup.
- Close accounts, prepare paperwork for transfer of assets, facilitate the payment of bills, collections.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree, good computer skills, excellent customer service and communication skills, but current undergraduates may apply. Knowledge and experience in estate planning, financial accounting, bank compliance, and trust laws such as principal and income accounting laws would be beneficial but is not required. The candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, organized and focused on accuracy.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software