At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Microbiology intern to join our Synthetic Genomics Sciences team in a fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
The primary goal of the Synthetic Genomics Microorganism Strain Improvement internship is to provide the intern with hands on experience of fundamental scientific methods of modifying microorganisms for commercial purposes. The student also will be exposed to novel genetic engineering biotechnologies during group meetings. The combination of these training paths will position the student well to understand and appreciate the historical and world-class scientific approaches to using microorganisms in industrial commercial applications.
• Genuine interest and aptitude in microbiology and biotechnology.
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
• High degree of motivation and willing to investigate the field of study through independent literature searches.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where priorities and assignments may change frequently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High school diploma
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology or equivalent.
• Experience and skill in propagating microorganisms - bacteria, yeast, mammalian cells, or related experience in microbiology.