We’re looking for college students or recent graduates who want to obtain hands-on work experience related to their major and/or minor area of study. At XO we offer challenging work assignments, professional activities, and exposure to executive management. XO Communications is an industry-leading telecommunications organization that is focused on the diversity and professional development of our employees. If you are ready to show your strengths in an environment where you can excel, we want to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform state and local tax research outlining business license filing requirements in various states and jurisdictions.
2. Prepare taxability matrix summarizing sourcing rules, tax methodologies, deductions, and exclusions from the tax base for business licenses in all states and jurisdictions where XO files.
3. Prepare business license returns. Maintain and update business license calendar.
4. Work with the tax technology group within tax in obtaining the necessary data needed for business licenses.
5. Assist with tax audits in obtaining the necessary data needed for outside auditors.
6. Assist tax group in monitoring and updating the audit risk management status report.
7. Assist in processing tax payments and responding to tax authority inquires.
8. Coordinate document transfer to electronic system.
9. Conduct reverse sales tax audits of payment systems.
10. Assist with FAS 5 and accrual calculations for property tax and risk management audit appeals.
• Education: graduate, accounting major; GPA of 3.0 or better.
• Licensures: None
• Relevant Work Experience: Prior work experience and/or demonstrated interest in relevant academic major or minor field of study.
• Supervise Staff? 1 NO
0 YES (please provide list of titles and count)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? 1 YES 0 NO
Specific Computer Skills
• MS Office Suite •
Databases Operating Systems
Other Job Specific Skills
• Proficient communications (written, verbal, listening)
• Proficient relationship building
• Sound judgment
• High results orientation
• High Adaptability, detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
• Advanced technical/functional knowledge
XO Communications - 15 months ago
XO Communications is a leading broadband communications service provider offering a complete set of communications services, including:...