The primary purpose of this role is to drive sales and marketing efforts of LPL Financial advisors within a specific assigned territory. This is achieved by providing accurate details regarding the various advisory platforms and by providing consultative conversations about product features and benefits such as pricing, competitive comparisons, LPL Research recommendations, leveraging tools and technology, etc., and facilitating exception requests/ issue resolution. Most importantly, this is achieved by providing comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor. IAA is viewed as subject matter expert by LPL and advisors. Internal Advisory Consultants must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and knowledge in order to be a trusted consultant for financial advisors. Split between outbound and inbound calls is 80/20.
Other Job Duties:
- Client/Institution Case Consultations - Provides subject matter expert consulting with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves performing a detailed needs analysis that starts through a discover process of the prospect through analyzing existing account statements and performance reports, determining appropriate risk tolerance, identifying estate/trust planning needs and understanding short and long term goals for assets. Once a comprehensive needs analysis is completed, the IAA provides options for consideration relative to asset allocations and/or manager selections as well as product solutions including managed accounts and alternative investments. These selections are all highly customizable and require critical thinking to help the advisor identify appropriate solutions. If necessary, other departments may be consulted including research, Private Trust Company, financial planning, etc. A baseline knowledge of these other areas is also essential for the IAA.
- Advisory Platform Training & Education - Consults with financial advisors about all aspects of the five LPL advisory platforms including positioning from a practice management perspective, economics, features and functionality of all five platforms, and ultimately provide portfolio considerations for advisors' prospects. Must possess the ability to articulate market and economic impacts as well as technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities. Consults on advisory platform technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and portfolio builder tools and LPL BranchNet management/trading tools. Will also be expected to be able to discuss Advisor University and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses.
- Technology Training & Proposal Generation - Consult on product technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and portfolio builder tools and LPL BranchNet management/trading tools. Provides SME content and recommendations for training. Participates in proposal campaigns which includes leading webinars on IPPT, helping advisors identify prospects for advisory platforms, creating the proposal and helping the advisor understand the positioning.
- Use questioning techniques to diagnose advisor and client needs and provide appropriate options for consideration.
- Provides financial advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios.
- Works cooperatively across Advisory & Brokerage Consulting to facilitate cross referrals
- Works cooperatively with other LPL departments to facilitate cross referrals.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of LPL Research models and updates, industry trends, etc.
- Attain certain professional designations - such as Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) as appropriate.
- 5 + years of financial services experience including advisory & fee based platforms
- Series 7 and 65/66, Required, Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF ) designation also required; CIMA preferred.
- MS Office experience required
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Creative problem-solving, effective decision making, ability to diffuse tense situations
- Ability to multi-task, good follow-up skills, upbeat and outgoing personality
- Also critical to have polished presentation skills and ability to interact with sophisticated clients and advisors.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software