Job Title: Internal Audit Intern
Job ID: 315505
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
We are committed to diversity. jcpenney is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
jcpenney is looking for emerging leaders to join our movement to become America’s Favorite Store! We’re acting like a start-up while getting back to the founding roots of our 100+ year legacy. We’re transforming the way we do business and the face of the retail experience today.
If you’re an emerging leader who wants to get a head start on your future and be a part of an exciting transformation, today’s the day to seize your opportunity.
If you are looking for that “perfect fit” career with a company that values your individuality and talents, offers clear career paths and provides opportunities for personal development – you have found it. Come be part of a progressive Audit organization and a growing company that is a true American icon.
jcpenney is currently seeking an Audit intern for Spring 2013. The Audit intern position will be responsible for assisting in the planning, developing, managing and/or performing audits, including specialized or technical audits within the company to validate that proper systems of internal control are in place, resources are used effectively, and financial records are accurate.
The Audit intern position provides great exposure to the entire jcpenney Company, its major activities and the audit process. This position will include assisting and leading Internal Audit projects by performing test-work for strategic, operational and compliance audits.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participates in audits of an assigned activity, including specialized activities with a high degree of professional competence and technical expertise.
- Assists in evaluating the quality of critical financial business processes and/or operational applications or systems in a specific business function.
- Assists in determining and/or recommending the scope and objective of specialized audits utilizing the technical tools/techniques most appropriate and productive.
- Documents findings to fully substantiate recommendations for changes and improvements to systems, controls and/or procedures.
- Communicates audit concerns and findings to the appropriate levels of operating management.
- Assists Audit Management in preparing and establishing priorities based on specialized knowledge of key risks and exposures, and participates in developing the schedule of audit assignments and audit plans. Maintains high degree of knowledge about the business, and remains aware of trends in the industry.
- Ability to learn new systems i.e., SQL etc.
Candidates should have or be pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably in Accounting, Auditing or Finance. Data analytics, communication, business knowledge, and relationship building skills are essential. Proficiency in Excel and other Office programs is required, as well as a familiarity with basic audit techniques and procedures.
Schedule: M-F; 20-40 hours/week – Flex scheduling within 6a.m. – 6p.m.
JCPenney - 2 years ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...