Give Big, Get Hired!
Yes, we Give Big and Give Back to our communities, but we also Give Big in our career opportunities. Having a pulse won’t be enough; our Give Big team is built on dedicated, motivated, goal oriented team members. Connect with us to see if you would make the cut in being part of the Community Choice Team— no jerseys required!
Wanted: The next best double-entry detective and spreadsheet surveyor out there!
We currently have an opportunity for a driven, self-motivated student with a thirst for knowledge to fill an Internal Audit Internship position at our Farmington Hills location. As an Internal Audit Intern, you will learn the ropes of the credit union world while not only gaining experience executing internal audits but also having the opportunity to make and execute on recommendations to current processes. The financial gains and the opportunity to be part of a recognized organization can be great – but it takes a dedicated individual to capitalize on the potential of this new career opportunity!
This paid internship opportunity is part-time and flexible around the interns schedule. The intern will work approximately 15 hours per week between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
If you’re chosen to be our new Internal Audit Intern you will....
· Complete assigned internal audits based on established internal audit program to support the overall objectives of the department.
· Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the credit union's system of internal controls and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities in order to access strengths and weaknesses throughout the organization.
· Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information to enhance subject matter knowledge and/or make recommendations to the credit union for improvement.
· Review the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets.
· Gather necessary information to perform the audit in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit program.
· Prepare work papers which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment in accordance with professional standards.
· Develop appropriate and persuasive findings and recommendations to strengthen internal controls, correct deficiencies, improve activity performance and change department or credit union policies as needed to most effectively and efficiently achieve the stated objectives for the process under review.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with management and Team Members within the activities under review.
· Maintain confidentiality of audit results to maintain the integrity and reputation of our institution.
· Professional business acumen exists with internal and external contacts. Concerns are promptly addressed. Any problems are effectively resolved and/or communicated to management.
· Required processes are completed in a timely matter.
· Individual and departmental goals are met. Imitative is taken in developing opportunities to overcome barriers to obtain goals.
· Team is working together cohesively, effectively and efficiently. Team looks for ways to improve processes and make recommendations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be a Junior/Senior level or Graduate Student
· Successfully completed undergraduate courses in the areas of accounting and auditing
Other Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Knowledge/experience in Microsoft products: excel, word, powerpoint and outlook
· Excellent command of the English language: usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions.
Community Choice Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Community Choice Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability .
Community Choice CU - 11 months ago