At Wellmark we strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team; you will come away from an Internal Audit internship at Wellmark having polished your technical skills as well as your communication and interpersonal skills.
During your internship you will be exposed to multiple areas of audit including Performance Audit and Investigation, Financial/Operational and Compliance Audit and WellSOX. During your time with us, you may:
- Perform entry to intermediate level audits, reviews, and analysis of transactions within end to end processes, including claims and membership & enrollment.
- Review populations of data against established parameters (MTM Guidelines) for accuracy and completeness. This analysis would include an overall review of efficiency of operational procedures, methods, controls and performance.
- Prepare reports concerning audit findings.
- Perform financial/operational and compliance audits to help management manage risk and identify issues that require resolution.
- Test controls for WellSOX program to ensure controls are working effectively; conducting walkthroughs of the process and then conduct testing of the effectiveness of the control.
- Provide assistance to external auditors during their interim and yearend audit and the SOC 1 audit.
- Partner with the external auditors to help support these initiatives.
Hiring Specifications Required:
- Current sophmore, junior or senior student in finance, accounting, business or related major.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to analyze and organize data in a consistent and logical fashion.
- Proven problem solving, innovation, and technical adaptation skills.
- Ability to work independently and clearly communicate results of data analytics and modeling.