Department Overview: The IA function resides within the Intellectual Ventures (IV) Finance department, with reporting responsibility to the CFO and audit committee. We have over 100 finance |
professionals worldwide, working in the areas of corporate finance, investor relations, accounting, revenue assurance, tax, internal audit and treasury. The Finance team provides the business with the financial intelligence to make informed decisions, while staying focused on the bottom line.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial Internal Audit (IA) Manager to join our IA family. Our function is in its fourth year, so there are still many opportunities for a self-starter with great ideas to help shape the function. We are a small, nimble group who is looking for a team member who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have a little fun at the same time. You will get an opportunity to touch all areas of the organization, develop new skills and learn a fascinating business. We are very focused on personal and team development and offer excellent continuing education opportunities.
If working for a game-changing company that will require you to think on your feet and put your strong consultative and core IA skills to the test, we might be the place for you!
The IA Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting on business process and IT audits. Audits follow established Company policies and relevant professional guidelines. Additionally, the Manager assists with annual audit planning, enterprise risk and compliance efforts, controls consulting, educational outreach to the business, as well as special projects. Specific IA Manager responsibilities include:
- Review, approve and manage progress against the portfolio of audit work;
- Effectively manage and/or execute internal audits, including development of audit objectives/scope, stakeholder interviews, documentation of processes and procedures, identification and documentation of risks and controls, audit testing and identification of issues, work paper development and review, and communication of audit results and follow-up;
- Provide input into strategic initiatives which are consistent with finance department and IA objectives and goals, and overall company vision;
- Manage and supervise a small team of senior internal auditors and contractors; provide mentoring, performance feedback and guidance; Consistently deliver high-quality internal audit reports that are effectively written with practical and relevant recommendations for corporate stakeholders;
- Partner with the business to enhance internal controls across the organization;
- Research new or technical subjects, as needed and stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to IV;
- Effectively promote compliance related activities to senior leadership and the Audit Committee;
- Assist in the further development of the IA function, including IA methodology, tools and techniques;
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate stakeholders and understand objectives, risks and issues from each stakeholder’s unique perspective.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience in financial, operational or IT auditing, including 2 as a people manager;
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred) in accounting, finance, business, MIS or related field;
- CIA, CPA/CA, CFE, CISA or PMP certification;
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT terminology, concepts and practices at a level necessary to manage IT audits and projects;
- Ability to conduct IT audits (including SaaS solutions) and consult with the business on IT controls preferred;
- Advanced data mining/analysis using various tools such as Excel, Access, ACL, SQL; able to evaluate information and systems and draw logical conclusions;
- Demonstrated use of frameworks and standards, such as IIA, ISACA, COSO, COBIT, ISO 27000, ITSC;
- Strong time management, decision-making and organizational skills;
- Skilled at collaboration, diplomacy and perseverance;
- Strong analytical and communications skills;
- Big 4, public accounting or consulting experience preferred;
- Intellectual Property/Licensing/High-Tech industry experience, including knowledge of related licensing models, distribution channels, and issues, preferred.
Intellectual Ventures Management - 14 months ago