MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. You may not know us, but you certainly know our customers!
We are seeking an Internal Audit Manager to lead a team of internal auditors as well as participate on audits and advisory work related to various controls, processes, and regulatory / SOX compliance across the corporation. The individual will manage team’s work priorities to meet completion deadlines and be responsible for leading key projects as determined by the Director and Audit Committee .
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the ongoing management and development of assigned employees. Determine staffing and skill requirements to meet departmental needs, and implements plans to satisfy those requirements. This includes managing workloads, setting priorities, and dealing with personnel issues.
- Assist the Director in setting the standards and processes used by the Internal Assurance Department.
- Apply Institute of Internal Auditor standards, processes and techniques to lead and execute thorough and efficient internal audits. Evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls.
- Apply judgment in often ambiguous situations using collaborative skills.
- Review the Senior Internal Auditors’ work to promote consistent documentation standards and compliance with the audit strategy.
- Develop an understanding of the businesses being audited, including operating processes, business processes, policies and procedures, and self-governance practices. Lead opening and closing meetings with business management. Document relevant facts, recommendations and evidence to support testing and conclusions. Be mindful of confidentiality at all times with the business information received.
- Conduct interactive and professional interviews with internal clients/customers and think through appropriate follow up questions. Hold discussions with operating personnel to understand root causes for events. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Establish strong customer relationships and establish credibility with internal customers, managers, and staff.
- Write audit reports using correct business English and following the protocols established by the department.
- Seek out special project work through interaction with personnel while on-site and through other communication.
- Provide effective coaching and counsel to clients/customers to teach them to be more proficient in reducing risk and increasing compliance in their respective businesses.
- Identify opportunities to perform work more effectively, applying lean concepts to eliminate waste or low value work.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of professional certification as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an internal audit capacity.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CMA, and / or CIA.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally for up to 40% of the year.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Audit experience can be in any industry segment, though manufacturing and/or public accounting experience is preferred.
- Exposure to SAP is preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in English business writing and speaking. Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and to all levels within a corporate environment.
- Expert-level understanding of process and controls documentation and testing
- Comfort with ambiguity; flexible and adaptable.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Driven and motivated to get results; takes initiative; follows through on deliverables.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism; appropriately questions the status quo.
- Exhibits confidence.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...