Responsible for managing Internal Audit's planning, testing and evaluation of the company's Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance. The Internal Audit SOX 404 Manager is expected to develop and initiate audit test plans and strategy, and monitor and manage the execution of those test plans, evaluate results, and assist in the preparation of reporting to the audit committee. He or she is expected to manage, train and mentor supervisor, senior, and staff level business process and IT auditors. He or she will review business process and IT audit testing workpapers, and assist in project administration and reporting, and meet regularly with Management to discuss changes in the control environment and adjust audit scope and plan accordingly.
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead Section 404 assessment testing activities, and monitor and manage activities of business process and IT audit staff, providing direction and guidance to them.
2. Evaluate the adequacy of designed controls; draw conclusions, develop solutions and present findings to department and Company management. Work with Management to right-size the catalog of key controls based upon changes in the accounting and IT environments.
3. Lead the evaluation of the significance of deficiencies in testing relative to the impact on financial reporting and fraud risk.
4. Lead communication and audit coordination with external auditors.
5. Promote an environment of continuous improvement, constant learning, and superior quality of work product, provide clear and challenging expectations, and team mentality to achieve department objectives.
Internal contacts include: Corporate Controllers, Accounting VPs, Directors and Managers, IT VPs, Directors and Managers, and Business and IT process/control owners.
External contacts include: External Auditors
Provides ongoing work assignments for associates.
Reviews the work of testers.
Provides on-the-job training to associates; monitors progress.
Coaches associates for performance improvement.
Conducts performance reviews for associates.
BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Accounting or related discipline is required. CPA is required. CISA is preferred.
6+ years of experience including public accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience and SOX 404 audit experience (Business Process and IT); must possess strong auditing skills with experience in auditing public companies and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404 and the Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Standards.
• Understanding and knowledge of all PCAOB audit standards;
• Experience in developing, reviewing and performing tests of internal controls and risk assessments;
• Technical knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting;
• Experience with IT auditing and assessing integrated systems risk;
• Knowledge of SAP ECC 6, BW, BCS and PI a plus;
• Project, client or account management responsibilities;
• Management, mentoring and coaching of staff;
• Presentation and/or meeting leadership;
• Creating and refining resource and cost budgets.
• Critical thinking abilities a must.
• Detail oriented individual.
• Ability to develop and define responsibilities, based on vision and objectives of department.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Change management skills.
• Strong GAAP and GAAS knowledge.
• Self-starter and proactive.
• Ability to own, develop, adjust and execute project plans and responsibilities.
• Ability to work in a high paced environment and as a leader of a team.
• Strong time management skills.
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
Associates are expected to come to work punctually every scheduled work day, presenting a professional and positive Company image in keeping with the objectives of the Company and the residents and/or tenants' welfare. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, functions, and/or responsibilities of this position. Other related functions and responsibilities may be assigned by the immediate supervisor as required to complete assignments or initiatives. Forest City Enterprises reserves the right to change, add, delete or modify job functions as necessary based on business necessity. The Company or associate, independently, has the right to terminate employment at any time for any reason; employment is at will. This job description does not promise or guarantee continued employment with Forest City Enterprises.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 2 years ago