Is finding a needle in the haystack your favorite pastime?
Do you consider solving the latest murder mystery child's play? Do you spend your free time sifting through financial disclosure forms to ensure every signature is just right? Do you review business plans at breakfast just to test their processes and controls? If so, Wellington has the job for you. We are looking for an experienced audit manager who is a dedicated driver of change through business process review and revision. We are looking for an extremely detailed and dedicated professional who is a strong communicator and is able to motivate and influence those around them. If you enjoy performing risk assessments and find pleasure in ensuring all departments are within regulatory compliance, Wellington is the place for you. But it will not be all fun and games; you will be responsible for managing multiple audits and evaluations, strategically working with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure financial protections are in place, and working with all department directors to ensure risks are mitigated to the fullest extent of our abilities. The successful employee will also works hands-on with our external audit team to perform necessary planning, fieldwork, reporting and documentation for the annual financial audit. But there is some good news, if we come across the right person, this position could easily become the Director of Internal Audit and Compliance. If you are ready to take a break from the world of needles and haystacks and want to make a real difference, then the position may be for you!
The Village of Wellington is a “Great Hometown” that strives to provide high quality services that create economic, environmental and social sustainability. Our Wellington vision balances a unique hometown, family atmosphere with an attractive natural environment and recreational, cultural, and educational activities with facilities for all ages. The Village of Wellington is a unique, family-oriented community in Western Palm Beach County that is a great place to live, work and play.
Examples of Duties:
The ideal candidate will possess / be:
- Exceptional leadership ability with demonstrated success in developing and motivating staff, building employee morale, and leading by example
- Strong and effective communicator working with all levels of the organization to effectively engage in collaborative team projects
- Respected, positive, natural team leader with a proven ability to develop, motivate, and influence
- Demonstrated ability to lead timely and precise performance management and risk management audits with all working groups throughout the organization
- An expressed and demonstrated desire to work closely with the technology group to improve systems through the effective design and implementation of process improving technologies
- The ability to work closely with outside audit groups to ensure timely and accurate completion of all audit functions
Bachelor’s degree in auditing, accounting, finance, economics, information systems, business administration or related area; supplemented by five to seven (5-7) years of progressively responsible professional and supervisory experience in internal or external, financial, operational/performance management and/or compliance audit, MBA, CPA, CIA, CFE preferred; desire to lead strategic change HIGHLY desired or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License is required.