Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as an Internal Auditor
1) Under direct supervision, document the underlying processes being audited and perform a walk-through of the significant transactions of each process.
2) Based on the understanding obtained through the documentation of the underlying processes, assist in the development of the risk control matrix through the identification of the business objectives of the process under audit, its risks, and the controls that mitigate those risks. Additionally, assist in the assessment of the design of those controls.
3) Develop a positive and effective working relationship with process management and staff.
4) On each audit or project, contribute to development of the engagement approach.
5) Under direct supervision, complete the tests of the operation of controls identified in the audit program or testing plan, clearly documenting and concluding on work performed.
6) With the process owner and the audit project supervisor, identify and document internal control weaknesses and possible operational inefficiencies. Work to develop solutions to those weaknesses.
7) Prepare the initial draft of the testing exceptions with clarity, and conciseness, as well as grammatical and spelling accuracy for each audit project.
8) Communicate and work with the project supervisor throughout the process to ensure timely completion of audits and projects.
9) Manage and build on relationships with Managers across the organization.
10) Follow up with process management to ensure the effective and timely implementation of audit recommendations.
11) Strive to gain an understanding of the insurance and credit union industries through self-directed, internal and external training.
12) The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
1) Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
2) Currently possess or will sit for the CPA, CIA and/or CISA examinations.
3) Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment as demonstrated through past work or coursework experience.
4) Strong written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated through past work experience or coursework.
5) Strong software skills (all Microsoft Office applications).
6) Ability to incorporate new techniques and technologies in the audit process.
7) Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail and demonstrated abili
8) One to Two years prior accounting or auditing experience preferred.
9) Developing knowledge of one or more of the following preferred: GAAP, Statutory basis of accounting, COBIT, COSO, SOX and the IIA Professional Framework.
10) Willingness to travel up to 25%.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Actuarial, Finance, Accounting
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: JMK20132608-84934