Req ID: 2013-12548
Location Name NRG Corporate Headquarters
Category: Internal Audit
Type: Full-Time Salary
# Openings: 1
Details About this Career Opportunity:
NRG is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. We deliver cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers, backed by the nation’s largest independent power generation portfolio of fossil fuel, nuclear, solar and wind facilities. A Fortune 500 company, NRG is challenging the U.S. energy industry by becoming the largest developer of solar power, building the first privately-funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and providing customers with the most advanced smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. In addition to 47,000 megawatts of generation capacity, enough to supply nearly 40 million homes, our retail electricity providers – Reliant, Green Mountain Energy and Energy Plus – serve more than two million customers. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Provide independent and objective opinions on the overall effectiveness and efficiency of NRG internal controls that mitigate business risks impacting performance objectives, and provide additional assurance services as requested by Senior Management or the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Perform tasks for the effective and timely execution of internal audit projects as assigned – this includes planning, scoping, testing, documenting, and reporting audit projects to clients and, if appropriate, to Senior Management.
- Assist with the supervision, training and mentoring of interns on audit processes.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of IIA auditing standards, PCAOB generally accepted standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements and participating on selected audits led by the external auditor.
- Provide support on issues relating to Sarbanes Oxley, internal controls, remediation assistance, and other compliance areas as requested.
- Assist with the development and implementation of training programs in areas such as risk, ethics and anti-fraud.
- Conduct audit walkthroughs and detailed evidential control tests; evaluate and summarize audit results; complete audit documentation.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Must have two or more years of Internal Audit experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business required.
- Must have knowledge of internal control requirements, operational and financial activities, and generally accepted accounting principals and accounting processes.
- Ability to work effectively with representatives from other departments and functions is required.
- Natural curiosity and ability to probe into the depths of processes to detect control and audit matters.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to consider/develop alternative solutions – “think outside of the box.”
- Excellent communication skills, including listening and the ability to communicate with all levels of clients, verbal and written.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assigments, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time to domestic field locations.
- Motivated to work independently and complete responsbilities with little supervision, yet work well and promote team oriented culture.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated high degree of ethics and strong sense of business judgment, and able to operate within NRG’s published core values.
- Experience working within a COSO/risk based framework preferred.
- Experience in the energy industry and with Sarbanes Oxley preferred.
- Additional training or degrees preferred; e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CMA, CFE, etc.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
NRG Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title/Salary Commensurate on Experience
Official description on file with Human Resources
NRG Energy - 10 months ago